©2013

©2013 - copyright - all images are my originals unless otherwise noted.
No images may be used without my expressed permission. Thank you for your compliance.

Translate

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Creative Thursday ~ lil lady liberty at SOS!

Ohhh, it feels so good to scrap again. :) My 20th page on the year, can you believe it? I used to do 20 a month so many years ago... Thank goodness for SOS, or I'd probably never get to add any scrapbook pages... ever!

Anyhow, the time out felt good and this one is working for me (even though it's yellow!)

Scrap Our Stash told us: At least one of the following premade embellishments: airplane, train, bus, car, or boat AND...you must also include a travel signage embellishment.

As I searched through my papers to find something to travel with, I ran into a little Basic Grey Urban Couture (who needs new supplies, lol!) and held on to the yellow I'd normally run from. Thought about the cabs, thought about this pic, and found those super old NYC stickers in the stash I have tucked away for my husband's NYPD books.

N.Y.C. lil lady liberty by Lindsey Krauss.
Supplies:
 Paper, Sticker letters: Basic Grey; Cardstock: Wausau; Rhinestones: Kaiser Scrapbook;
Stickers: Me & My Big Ideas, Frances Meyer, Stickopotamus; Rub-ons: _____;
Chipboard stars and letters: ScrapWorks; Bracket: _____, Mist: Tattered Angels.


Just a few tips and tricks:

  • I had about dozen of the cab and Liberty stickers. To give the sticker just a bit more dimension, I layered the same stickers to the left and to the right, and then centered the top sticker.
  • Also, I really envisioned checkered paper on this layout, but couldn't find any at all! So I used the old CM punch and made my own - in two sizes. ") hey - whatever works!
  • Lastly, I realigned the number line to put the date in the middle of the line, then bracketed it. :)
Um, doesn't it look like the Lady Liberty's torch is smoking? Didn't plan that one... 
Have a GREAT day. 
p.s. the real layout is *not* crooked...

PEACE.



Feelin' sunny yellow:

The Lord your God is with you,

    the Mighty Warrior who saves.

He will take great delight in you;

    in his love he will no longer rebuke you,

    but will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

No comments: