©2013

©2013 - copyright - all images are my originals unless otherwise noted.
No images may be used without my expressed permission. Thank you for your compliance.

Translate

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A blog a day in May ~ Waiting

I have nothing exciting to bring to the table today.
I've been too distracted for the last few days waiting for a response. You don't need details, you just need to know that waiting is just about killing me. And no, I'm not waiting for the nd of the world. Waiting for good, waiting for bad; honestly, I really don't know. I'm just praying it out. So, I Googled 'waiting' and this is what I came up with.

No lie. This blogpost was interrupted right now; the email I've been waiting on just arrived with the answer. I had to stop, pray and will read in just a minute. Here we go.
Waiting (the movie)
Waiting or The Waiting - Wikipedia
a couple more about the movie
Waiting the Book

Clearly, I'm not going to find anything helpful this way. Let's try Googling 'waiting Scripture'.
Waiting on the Lord - Bible.org
--- aaah, here it is:
Psa. 27:14 Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.
Psa. 37:9 For evildoers will be cut off, But those who wait for the Lord, they will inherit the land.
Psalm 62:5 Patiently wait for God alone, my soul! For he is the one who gives me confidence. 
Isaiah 30:18 For this reason the Lord is ready to show you mercy; he sits on his throne, ready to have compassion on you. Indeed, the Lord is a just God; all who wait for him in faith will be blessed. 
and the kicker:
Psalm 130:5 I rely on the Lord, I rely on him with my whole being; I wait for his assuring word. 6 I yearn for the Lord, more than watchmen do for the morning, yes, more than watchmen do for the morning.
some more:
Lamentations 3:25 The Lord is good to those who trust in him, to the one who seeks him. 
Galatians 6:9 So we must not grow weary in doing good, for in due time we will reap, if we do not give up. 


Don't even need to go back to the Google page. Thanks, God.
Father God, thank you for being here for me, thank you for bringing me answers. Please prepare and guard my heart for what I'm about to hear. Let my thoughts, actions and feelings be in Your glory and in Your glory only. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments: