©2013

©2013 - copyright - all images are my originals unless otherwise noted.
No images may be used without my expressed permission. Thank you for your compliance.

Translate

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Creative Thursday ~ Coney Memories


Just needed some time to myself and a creative outlet so I stumbled upon a challenge - a 4-in-1 - right up my alley.






Started with a sketch from Granddiva's Creative Corner

which led to the Sept. and bonus challenges at Rochelle Spears's
  • 3 patterned papers
  • stamped image OR masking
  • glitter


and then to Kristi B's technique challenge
Paint, ink or mist your chipboard alphas then add a pattern with your stamps.

and finally landed on the 3 of 5 color combo challenge at Scrappin'n'Happy





...and here is my final result. It was nowhere where I began, but I like where it ended! 

I guess I missed the part where they told us we only had to do 2 of the 4 challenges, but I managed them all in!
1. sketch (I chose a series of pics from Cony Island for the sketch, but I adore this photo and needed a close up, so I blew it up and decided on no other pics on this page. I think it now requires a page two.)
2. 3 patterned papers (tough to 4 squeeze in there!), stamped image on the chipboard, glitter (flower center)
3. technique (Sharpie-d, inked, sprayed and stamped white on chipboard)
4. color challenge (it was close, but I see yellow, brown and gray-white).

Can't tell you how good it feels to use some old GinX flowers I've had for, oh, ten years or so?! Go Old scrappin'!

Supplies: Cardstock: Making Memories, Paper: Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye, Chipboard: , Ink: Ink It Up, Marker: Sharpie, Flowers: Prima Marketing, Imagination Project, Eyelets: Making Memories, Other: ribbon. Font: 2Peas Tattered Lace.

3 comments:

Kerys said...

Great job with this layout! Well done you for combining all 4 challenges! Thanks for joining in :-)

Brenda Ragsdale said...

Love how you used the enlarged photo! Great take on the sketch and all of the other challenges! Thanks so much for participating in our joint challenges.
http://granddivasscrappyplace.blogspot.com/

Rochelle Spears said...

love your take on the sketch! thanks for playing along with our challenges! Rochelle Spears