Digital Designer Contest
This contest will take place during the month of November 2007.On Friday November 2 the first round will begin. There will be four rounds in total in which you will be asked to design a variety of papers, elements or layouts (or a combination).For each round the details of the challenge will be posted and you will have one week to complete the challenge.There will be no elimination during this contest so every contestant will have the same opportunity to show her/his work.
Winners will be announced December 7 and invitations to join the ScrapStreet Digital Design Team will be sent by December 10.
As a ScrapStreet Digital Designer you will receive:
- Unlimited free space in the store to sell your designs. You will receive all money after PayPal fees.
- Free download of all the other digital work in the store.
- Publication of your designs and layouts in the magazine.
As a ScrapStreet Digital designer you are required to:
- Create a minimum of nine digital kits (or paper packs plus embellishments) per year to sell in the store.
- Create a minimum of one free kit per year for the ScrapStreet free monthly kit for the magazine.
- Create a minimum of four layouts or projects per year with other designers’ kits.For more information and details please view the complete digital designer contract here: contract.
How to enter:
Upload to the Scrapstreet.com Audition Gallery either a preview of a kit that you have for sale or a digital (or hybrid) layout or project by November 1, 2007. You need to be a registered member of ScrapStreet.com to have access to this gallery.
Please note: By uploading your work into the Audition Gallery you will automatically declare the following:
- I have read and agree to abide to the rules and details of the contest
- I have read and agree to the digital designer contract
- I declare that I am able to enter the contest. In the event of being successful, I am free to sell my digital designs at Scrapstreet.com, without infringing any other contracts I may currently have.
Rules of Scrapstreet Design Contest 2007
1. All designs and projects must be created specifically for this contest. They cannot have been used, shown or sold (including freebies) anywhere online via a store, free listing site, gallery or blog.
2. All contestants must host their designs for download with a file sharing and storage site of their choice, e.g.. 4shared or rapidshare. Only download links from such a service are acceptable.
4. All elements must be JPEG or PNG files in 300 ppi. Papers must be 12” x 12” and any frames must be standard sizes e.g. 7x5, 6x6, 6x4 inches etc.
5. High quality work is required; please check your work for stray pixels, jagged edges etc. Sloppy or careless work will not be rewarded by the judges.
6. Each round requirement will be posted in the Scrapstreet Digital Design Contest Forum after the preceding round has closed. This should be no later than Saturday 9 A.M. Central Time.
7. You must upload the design previews and projects with any relevant details to the correct ScrapStreet Contest Round gallery at a size of 600x600 pixels. If applicable add a link to the zip files for download in the description. Be sure to list all credits, including credit for anything you used that you didn't make yourself including commercial use items. Do not post any direct links to any other website or blog, personal or business in your gallery descriptions.
8. You are allowed to promote your contest work on your personal websites and blogs provided you link directly to ScrapStreet.com. NO downloads are allowed from your personal or any other website/blog until after the contest.
9. The cut off time for each round will be Friday at 6 PM central time (time is as shown in the forums).
10. You will not be allowed to make ANY changes to your kit, description, links or projects after the cut off time and date for each round.
11. You agree that all registered members of ScrapStreet may download your designs for free personal use.
12. The judges will award votes for each round. These will be combined and the total amount at the end of the 4 rounds will determine the top designers. Based on the results of the contest, invitations to join the ScrapStreet digital team will be sent to those top designers.
Please note: Not observing the rules is grounds for elimination.
PS. Are you not a kit designer, but do you like to create digital or hybrid layouts and projects with digital elements? You may be just what we are looking for! For details see here: Creative Team search:
Do you like to create digital or hybrid layouts and projects with digital elements?
Show us your work!
During the contest the contestants will create digital papers and embellishments which will be free to download for registered members.To show your appreciation and support for the contestants, please download their designs, create some wonderful projects with these and upload them in the Appreciation Gallery!
We may send you an invitation to join our Creative Team!