©2013

©2013 - copyright - all images are my originals unless otherwise noted.
No images may be used without my expressed permission. Thank you for your compliance.

Translate

Thursday, September 04, 2008

School, Kindergarten and Buses, oh my!

So we survived the 1st day of school & the 1st bus ride... but just barely.

The morning went great - breakfast, dress, even a little Wii before school. Doug's parents and my mom and neighbor came down to the buststop and we got cute ordinary pics and Matthew went on no problems, hesitations or anything! He loves his driver, Mr. Fisher. A friend who was dropping her kids off to school said she saw Matthew get off the bus and walk in all macho and with a huge smile to his new big school. What a relief!

Although 2 gf's and I have some reservations about this new K teacher, today (day 2) seemed to go better. Still comparing notes and stories and deciding where to take it.

While Doug, McKenna, nighbor and my dad waited yesterday after school, the bus home was a diff story... apparently they had a substitute bus driver for the way home and she had no idea where she was going! Not only was she 25 minutes late, but she tried to drop Matthew off in the next development over. He came off that bus sobbing! I felt so bad! Called school and bus garage and made sure it wouldn't happen again, and today was perfectly smooth. Met his afternoon bus driver and she is very nice. Just a very few minutes late and she was smiling and talking and called Matthew by name. Whew!

Oh, and I'm a soccer mom!! Matthew absolutely loved soccer last night. The first thing he asked me this morning was if he had soccer today! Although the league is still reorganzing - he's now on Team Venezuela and his first game is the 13th. Would you believe the phone just rang and it was his new coach?! Funny! Anyway, he's SO cute all dressed and was really diggin' the soccer stuff! What a man!

We have Toby's appointment in about 45 minutes. They'll redraw blood and we'll find out if this treatment is working. I'll keep y'all posted.

Did I mention that 1/2 of McKenna's bloodwork came back and all is perfect. That's not lime and things like that, but so far, so good. She's even been limping less, so I go back to state that I really think it's an injury - either knee or pulled muscle in calf or thigh... let's hope!

No comments: