©2013

©2013 - copyright - all images are my originals unless otherwise noted.
No images may be used without my expressed permission. Thank you for your compliance.

Translate

Monday, April 09, 2012

Musical Mondays ~ Edelweiss

So my dad will probably kill me if he knew I was spotlighting him, but I thought I'd do two musical weeks devoted to my parents. My dad is pretty amazing. He's got a heart of gold. He's got a heart for Christ and a heart for faith. He rarely expects a thank you yet he taught us to say it all the time. Most of my personality comes directly from him, probably my forehead, too (thanks, Dad). He's not afraid to make mistakes. He rarely misses a teaching moment. He never sensationalizes anything unless it's the truth. He always seemed to know everything about everything - he's still the one I go to for answers I can't find anywhere else.And yet, as a former pilot for 40 years, he was the one who had me convinced that he knew every type of airplane flying in the sky, no matter how high or small, simply by calling it a B-1-R-d; and yes, it took me until I was about 21 to figure that one out...

I also don't know why this song reminds me of him. Not sure if he sang it to me. Not sure if it's because he plays guitar (self-taught, I might add). Not sure if it's our European living experience when I was little.

I invite you to turn off my Playlist (at the very bottom of my blog) and listen to this YouTube version of Julie Andrews and John Denver singing Edelweiss - it melts my heart!

So here's to you, Dad, my number one fan. I appreciate you more than you'll ever know!

No comments: