©2013

©2013 - copyright - all images are my originals unless otherwise noted.
No images may be used without my expressed permission. Thank you for your compliance.

Translate

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Scripture Sundays ~ 2 Corinthians


So if you've been reading with me for a while, you know I've been
{obsessed/focused/bombarded/consumed/fixated} 
on 'free'. I couldn't put my thumb on what it was or even why it was. 


Last week, it all came full circle.


I am blessed to be the table leader of a wonderful bunch of ladies for our MOPs meetings. This is my last year in MOPs but my first year as a leader; I try to put my all into the task, even though it's so far out of my comfort zone! So this table of ours is about 90% military. Remember, here, that I was born and raised military for the first twelve years of my life. I can tell you that it sticks with you if you think twelve sounds a little young. These ladies are wonderfully warm, willing to open, and bless my life bi-weekly. 


So two meetings ago, some of our table was late because of an accident. I learned that it was a fatality of someone from West Point and it broke my heart, since that's where most of our table comes from. 


Forward to a few days from then, I'm cleaning the house with the iPod on and the song below comes on and nearly brings me to tears, mop and all!


I immediately sent it, in prayer, to my table and felt a wonderful sense of calm right afterwards. 
So I think the journey with 'free' has come full circle, and this is how I wrapped it up:

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spiritand where the Spirit of the Lord isthere is freedom.


This song is playing today, but feel free to turn off my Playlist (all the way at the bottom) and enjoy
Phillips, Craig & Dean's 

Freedom's Never Free

Lyrics to Freedom's Never Free by Phillips, Craig & Dean

Standing on a hillside

Where the river meets the sea

White crosses without number

Line the fields of peace



And each one a silent witness

Staring back at me

Every cross a story
Of another place in time
Where young men thought it worthy
To give their life for mine
And for the sake of honor
Left their dreams behind



And for the price they paid

I'm forever in their debt

Their memory will not die
'Cause I will not forget



I will stand and hold my head up high

I will dedicate my life

To the glory of the ones who had to die
I will live, live what I believe
If for no one else but me
To remember
Freedom's never free



It was on another hillside

Outside the city gates

The battle lines were drawn
As soldiers took their place



The Father watched in silence

As a cross was raised

With freedom drawing closer
He took His final breath
He drank our cup of guilt
And took the sting from death



Heaven's Finest Soldier

clothed in human flesh

And for the price He paid
I'm forever in His debt
The cross will never die
'Cause I will not forget



I will stand and hold my head up high

I will dedicate my life

To the glory of the One who had to die
I will live, live what I believe
If for no one else but me
To remember that
Freedom's Never Free



I will walk free

I will stay free

I will live free
I will die free!

No comments: