©2013

©2013 - copyright - all images are my originals unless otherwise noted.
No images may be used without my expressed permission. Thank you for your compliance.

Translate

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Wednesday Weigh-in ~ 3 weeks

As much as I wish I could report 6-8 lbs lost every week, I am truly happy with 2. Oh, it's so close to 3! .2 (that's point two) until I'm at a total of 15 lbs weightloss. That's my halfway point. This is still being done through diet/nutrition alone, next to no exercise; I just haven't found the time (poor excuse!). I'm not sure if Spring Break next week will help or hurt that cause...

This week has been about battling fear and entitlement. Willpower is conquering fear. I don't fret Thanksgiving dinners. I don't fret any mealtime, actually. I do fear the candy holidays. Easter is RIGHT around the corner and jelly beans are my next-to-favorite candy. Ugh! That coupled with the fact that girl scout cookie delivery is right around the corner, this will be a tough month. That's where willpower comes in. Measuring everything that goes into my mouth and being accountable to myself helps a lot.

I've heard the word entitlement come up many times over the last few weeks. I know it's easy to feel like I'm entitled to eat this, feel entitled to not do that, feel entitled to buy that, feel entitled to say that and I've found that truthfully, I'm not entitled to any of that. Entitlement is (as I see it now) an excuse not to get healthy, to be lazy, to spend too much, or to speak words that don't need to be heard. I'm really only entitled to live simply, spend only my time, and pray.

p.s. I loathe the word feel. Whenever it is about to be spoken from my mouth, I think twice.

People are beginning to notice a change. They ask how I'm doing it. I used to give details (and still will, if asked) but mainly, my answer is willpower. I'm choosing to do it and choosing to do it right.

It's not by my own will, you do realize?

I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13


Couldn't be doing all this without HIM, for sure.

Other stuff:
* my next doctor's appointment & bloodwork should be in the next 1-2 weeks.
* heart monitor comes off in a little over 2 weeks. only 2 minor episodes so far.

No comments: