©2013

©2013 - copyright - all images are my originals unless otherwise noted.
No images may be used without my expressed permission. Thank you for your compliance.

Translate

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday Weigh-in ~ 1 week

Yay! What a week! I'll do the numbers last, but as of right now, the echo has been done and the halter is hooked up for a month. This is an event monitor; that means we're pretty much just sitting around waiting for something to happen. So while I don't want something to happen, we do. I'm so super happy that it's not recording day and night for a month because that sounded kind of creepy, to be honest. However, I feel just a bit of disappointment because I thought I would have someone to answer to, to help keep me disciplined, to help keep me accountable. I guess my work with self-control is yet unfinished...

So diet-wise, lowering-cholesterol-wise, I've realized that Cheerios and Oats are my friends. I've gone to about four meals a day. One includes Cheerios. Another includes 1/2 cup of Quaker oats, a very small selection of nuts (almonds or walnuts) with some real fruit-dried fruit bites. A big shout-out to Quaker. I posted a question that I couldn't find the answer to on their Facebook page and I got an actual reply - and answer! (Yes, uncooked oats have the same cholesterol-lowering benefits that cooked oats do. Just drink lots of extra water.) I haven't had a single "bad" carb in a week but my sweet husband went out and bought me, among many other healthy items, brown rice and whole wheat pasta, both of which he hates! It helps to have the family on board. My sweets intake is down to next-to-nothing as well. Self-control. Self-control. Self-control. lol!

Ohh, which to choose, which to choose...

Proverbs 25:28


A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.

Okay, so let's do the numbers.

2 is the amount of times I took my multi-vitamin. I always forget to take it since I accidentally bought one with caffeine in it and won't take it at night anymore.
3 is the amount of times I've exercised. That's my focus this week. Garage workout, here I come!
4 is the amount of times we ate out this week (bday parties galore - this isn't normal!) and also the amount of times I stayed within calorie & nutrition range for eat-out meals! Friday's and Chili's both have great healthy choices. Full nutrition information easily available!
5 is the amount of times I used my night cream. About 150% better than normal!
6 is the amount of times I took my calcium.
6 is also the amount of pounds I lost this week! Woohoo!
10 is the amount of total pounds I've lost so far. But I've been here before. It's getting to the next pound off that is so hard...
7 is the amount of days I stayed on my calorie task this week!
25 is about the amount of meals I've eaten this week.
50 is roughly the cups of water I drank this week.

So this week is about a better workout. Some strength to add to more cardio.
I'm still working on getting the house back. It's not that it's a major mess, but I feel like it's ahead of me and I want a happy home. uh, house. I just {gloriously} haven't had the time. Ooh! Except the closet! Husband rebuilt inside our closet and we both went thru all of our clothes, purged, reorganized and cleaned like crazy. I want to sleep in there now.

p.s. When I was typing in Thesaurus.com looking for a word I just couldn't think of, I accidentally typed in discipled. Cool. :)

John 15:4 - 5.  Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.  Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.   I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit, apart from me you can do nothing.

Thanks all. Pray with me as I send a prayer with every oat that each one takes a bit of cholesterol awayyyy!

No comments: