©2013

©2013 - copyright - all images are my originals unless otherwise noted.
No images may be used without my expressed permission. Thank you for your compliance.

Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday Weigh-in ~ 2 weeks

This turned out to be a light week but a good one. I've only lost 1 more pound, but it was that elusive 11th that I haven't seen gone in over 6 years. I remembered the other day that on The Biggest Loser, week 2 is always the hardest week, so that gave me a little patience with such a small loss.

Unfortunately, I was also light on the exercise, too, so I didn't have that on my side. Today is literally the first day I can walk without pain in my calves from jump roping last week. I really couldn't tell if my muscles are just that out of shape or if I had somehow injured myself, so I didn't push it. I left last week to diet alone.

My Fitness Pal
For those of you wondering how I'm doing it, it's the combination of the following things:

  • 1,200 calorie diet (for now), adjusted if exercise was included that day
  • low sugar, low fat, low cholesterol
  • 4 meals a day
  • 1c Cheerios, 1/2 c oatmeal, and 1 serving of almonds, pistachios or walnuts (for the cholesterol lowering) included in daily diet
  • whole grains only, no white carbs at all
  • at least 6 cups of water a day, usually 8+.
  • no eating after dinner
  • app called My Fitness Pal on my phone. It tracks all of my calories, activity and water each day. Weight if I choose. Has lots of nutritional information on it, plus you can add your own.
  • sheer willpower!
I feel like this should be the time I make goals or predictions, but I won't. This isn't a competitive thing. I'm just doing absolutely as much as I can do in one month before my cholesterol is tested again, hoping to be in ranges where I can avoid medicine. 

1 Corinthians 3:16 ESV 

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?

No comments: